AC TUNE UPS AT GUARANTEED SERVICE
Has your air conditioning system begun to operate with less efficiency than before? Or have you begun to notice that while it is still operational, it's failing to keep you as cool as you'd like? Whatever the situation may be, it may be time to have your AC looked at for a tune-up.
At Guaranteed Service, our experts have earned a reputation for our ability to service and maintain all types of AC systems. We know that having a working air conditioner is important and you can rely on us to help keep your system running at peak performance.
NJ Air Conditioning Tune Ups
Why Schedule Regular AC Maintenance?
Our AC tune-up will:
- Ensure proper airflow: During the AC tune-up, we check your system to ensure it is receiving the proper airflow. Restricted or limited airflow places an unnecessary strain on your air conditioner that can lead to increased repairs and a shorter lifespan.
- Reduce repairs: Every summer, we receive calls with air conditioning problems that could have easily been prevented with regular maintenance. An air conditioner tune-up not only includes cleaning that keeps your air conditioner running efficiently, but it also catches small problems before they turn into major repairs.
- Save time: Getting an air conditioner tune-up before the weather is hot is much more convenient and cost-friendly than waiting for a repairman during the summer in a hot home without air conditioning.
- Improve energy efficiency: An AC tune-up includes the cleaning and inspection of your entire air conditioning system. In addition to ensuring safe operation, this will keep your air conditioner running efficiently all summer long.
- Maintain manufacturer's warranty: If your air conditioner is under manufacturer's warranty, it is especially important for you to get an annual tune-up. Most manufacturers stipulate that their warranty becomes void if the air conditioner is not regularly maintained. An air conditioner tune-up can satisfy that requirement and maintain your warranty.
What an Air Conditioning Tune Up Entails
When our New Jersey air conditioner tune-up specialists arrive at your home, they will:
- Measure the amperage and voltage of your blower motor for proper operation
- Test, calibrate, and level your thermostat for proper operation
- Clean your existing air filter (as needed)
- Inspect the bearing for any wear and lubricate it
- Inspect the indoor coil
- Flush and treat the condensate drain with anti-algae
- Inspect the condenser coil
- Monitor the operating pressures of the refrigerant
- Inspect the safety devices for proper operation
- Inspect the electrical disconnect box for proper rating and safe installation
- Inspect and tighten the connections in the electrical wiring box
- Test/inspect the contactors for burned, pitted contacts
- Inspect the electrical for exposed wiring
- Inspect and test capacitors
- Inspect the fan blade
- Clean the condenser coil and remove debris
- Inspect service valves for proper operation
- Measure the supply/return temperature differential
- Inspect the ductwork for energy loss
- Monitor and measure the compressor's amperage, volt draw, and wiring connections
The Risks of Not Maintaining Your Air Conditioner
Every year you skip maintenance, your air conditioner's operating efficiency can decrease by 5%. Some of the reasons this may happen include:
- Over time, dust and debris collect on the coils. The evaporator coils, being indoors, attract mostly dust. But the outdoor condenser coils can become full of dirt, grass trimming, and even leaves. This build-up impedes airflow and blocks heat transfer meaning that your air conditioner won't be able to cool your home as efficiently.
- Your condensate drain needs to be checked for clogs. A clog can hinder your system's ability to control humidity. In extreme cases, a clogged condensate drain could even cause water damage to your home.
- Motor parts need lubrication. Lack of lubrication can cause friction, which reduces operating efficiency.
- Blower components need periodic cleaning and adjustment. Otherwise, they can cause airflow problems which can result in up to a 15% loss.
Promise not to mislead or offer any customer products or services that they do not need or want.
Promise to always be ethical and do the right thing, every time.
Promise to take personal responsibility for the satisfaction of every customer and will follow all company policies and procedures at all times.
Already Recommended to Neighbors
Got an estimate in 1 day and install 2 days later. Everything was amazingly smooth and effortless and our new system is fantastic. Love our new thermostats too. We were very pleased, especially right now when people are having so many problems getting supplies and equipment. Already recommended to neighbors.
Professional & Friendly
Truly great service! He was professional & friendly. He is clearly experienced because he installed a water-pressure sub pump backup system for us which is a complicated job. He came back again a couple of days later to replace an old leaking toilet. He was considerate with cleaning up afterwards too. I highly recommend Guaranteed Services & especially Rob.
I Could Not Be Happier with the Service
I am so impressed! I had a water leak and the technician came out to fix my problem shortly afterwards. I could not of been happier with his service. Barry was polite, honest and extremely hard working. I truly appreciate all he did to help me on a bad situation.I highly recommend Guaranteed Services for all your needs. Thanks again!!
Now we have a great system with a lifetime warranty.
These guys are the BEST. They replaced my old heating and air conditioning with energy star system. I love it. Quick and efficient. AL is a lovely young representative and he explained in detail what we getting. Brian, Tommy and Greg the installers, they worked very clean and they are wonderful. Now we have a great system with a lifetime warranty. Thank you GUARANTEED SERVICE.
Knowledgeable and helpful!
Joe was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Found the problem immediately and offered helpful tips. I would recommend this service.
Top-notch professional service!
Top-notch professional service the technician super nice respectful and solve the problem quickly and efficiently. I will definitely highly recommend guaranteed service.
Prompt, courteous, efficient.
Helmi and the technicians were prompt, courteous, efficient and we would recommend it to other people. We appreciate it, thank you.
Very thorough, answered all my questions.
Justin Ebner was the technician that came to my house when I had water leaking from the AC unit. He was courteous and took the time to walk me through the issue. He was very thorough, answered all my questions. I felt very comfortable that the issue was appropriately identified and the appropriate corrective action was taken.
Exceptional quality of work, top industry professional.
Exceptional quality of work, top industry professionals: from explanation of system options through installation of heating and AC units. I highly recommend for new equipment and HVAC maintenance needs.
They made me feel comfortable and at ease.
These guys are the best, prompt service, and they took the time to explain everything. They made me feel comfortable and at ease.
AC Tune Ups: Frequently Asked Questions
What does an AC tune up include?
A tune up for your AC unit will include a cleaning of the unit, an in-depth inspection of all parts, and any necessary adjustments. A detailed checklist report is provided at the end of the visit.
How often do you recharge refrigerant?
Refrigerant should not have to ever be recharged. If it is low, it means there is a leak that needs to be repaired.
How do I know if my AC is low on refrigerant?
If your AC unit is not cooling as efficiently as it used to or if it is making strange noises, these are signs that your AC unit may be low on refrigerant which is a sign that there is a leak.
Avon By The Sea
Colts Neck Township
West Long Branch
Point Pleasant Beach
Peapack and Gladstone
South Bound Brook
West Windsor Township
North Brunswick Township
Old Bridge Township