AC SERVICE & REPAIRS AT GUARANTEED SERVICE
Having your air conditioning unit malfunction or breakdown during the hotter months can be extremely uncomfortable for your entire family. Even if your AC is still running but failing to operate at peak performance, it may be failing to keep you comfortable while also running up your electrical bill. At Guaranteed Service, we don't believe in inefficient fixes that won't last or that lead to additional problems.
Our reliable and experienced New Jersey AC repair experts are trained to perform proper repairs that will get your system working again.
Air Conditioning Service & Repair
How a Central Air Conditioner Works
The best air conditioner is one you don't have to think about. It comes on the moment the indoor temperature set on the thermostat requires cooling performance and then runs quietly and efficiently when needed. When it's time to perform routine maintenance, make repairs, or replace your system, it's helpful to understand how an air conditioning system works.
The Refrigeration Cycle
The steps of the refrigeration cycle include:
- Using electricity as its power source, the refrigerant flows through a closed system of refrigeration lines between the indoor unit and the outside unit.
- Warm air from the inside of your house is pulled into your ductwork by a motorized fan.
- The refrigerant is then pumped from the exterior compressor coil to the interior evaporator coil, where it absorbs the heat from the air.
- This cooled air is then pushed through connecting ducts to vents throughout the home, lowering the interior temperature.
- The refrigeration cycle continues again, providing a consistent method to keep you cool.
Parts of a Central AC System
To get a better sense of how your air is cooled, it helps to know about the parts that make up the air conditioning system.
A typical central air conditioner is a two-part or split system that includes:
- The outdoor unit which contains the condenser coil, compressor, electrical components, and a fan.
- The evaporator coil, which is usually installed on top of the gas furnace inside the home.
- A series of pipes, or refrigeration lines, connecting the inside and outside equipment.
- Refrigerant, the substance in the refrigeration lines that circulates through the indoor and outdoor unit.
- Ducts that serve as air tunnels to the various spaces inside your home.
- A thermostat or control system to set your desired temperature.
The many benefits of central air conditioning include:
- Indoor comfort during warm weather: Central air conditioning helps you keep your home cool and reduces humidity levels.
- Cleaner air: As your central air conditioning system draws air out of various rooms in the house through return air ducts, the air is pulled through an air filter, which removes airborne particles such as dust and lint. Sophisticated filters may remove microscopic pollutants, as well. The filtered air is then routed to the air supply ductwork that carries it back to rooms.
- Quieter operation: Because the compressor-bearing unit is located outside the home, the indoor noise level from its operation is much lower than that of a free-standing air conditioning.
Signs That Your Air Conditioner Needs Repairs
- Air Conditioning System Blows Warm Air - The purpose of an air conditioner is to keep your family cool and comfortable throughout the hot and humid summer months. You'll need an air conditioner to keep cool during the hotter months of the year. If it fails to blast out pleasantly cool air and instead blows out heated air, contact an HVAC technician.
- AC Thermostat is Not Working - The thermostat for your air conditioner is the system's control panel. The thermostat sends a signal to the air conditioner, telling it how much cold air it needs to produce. It also takes measures to ensure that it is doing its duties properly. If your air conditioner only runs for a few minutes before shutting off, or if it won't come on at all, it's possible that the thermostat is malfunctioning.
- Not Enough Air Blows from Vents - A problem with weak air flow is similar to the problem with heated air. When you switch on your air conditioner, you may feel cold air, but it is flowing out extremely faintly, making it hard to circulate through the room. This is usually an indicator of a malfunctioning compressor, but it might also be a sign of a duct problem.
- Noises from Inside the Air Conditioner - If you hear grinding, squealing, or scraping while the air conditioner is on, this might indicate an issue with a belt sliding out of place inside the machine. To avoid costly damage to other parts, contact an HVAC professional as soon as you can.
- Continuously High Electric Bill - Another sign that your air conditioner needs to be replaced or repaired is a rapidly rising energy bill without any additional consumption. A damaged thermostat switch, leaks in your HVAC system's ductwork, or the air conditioning unit's advanced age are all possible causes of this problem. Your unit will need to be repaired regardless of the cause.
If you are a New Jersey resident and are experiencing any of these issues with your air conditioning unit, you may be in need of an AC repair. Call the professionals at Guaranteed Service today!
Air Conditioning Repairs
Living in New Jersey, we rely on our air conditioning systems to keep us cool and comfortable all summer long, and sometimes well past the summer months.
When your AC is inexplicably blowing warm air when it should be cooling, you need a solution fast.
Common reasons your AC is blowing warm air include:
- Wrong setting on your thermostat:
If your air conditioner is blowing warm air and you're unsure why, check the thermostat first. It's not uncommon for homeowners to accidentally switch the thermostat to the "OFF" or heating position without realizing that they did.
Check the thermostat batteries too and replace them if need be.
- Clogged air filters:
Air filters might be the most underrated component of air conditioning systems. These devices work hard to filter out dander, dirt, dust, and other debris to keep your home clean.
To work effectively, air filters need to be cleaned or replaced regularly. If your AC is blowing warm air, the air filter might be too dirty and blocking the flow of cool air as a result.
- Frozen air conditioner unit:
A frozen air conditioner unit isn't an unusual sight-even in the middle of a New Jersey summer. When this happens, it can cause your system to produce hot air.
Check the outside component of your system and see if there is any ice. If you find ice, this can definitely be the reason your system is blowing warm air.
What Causes an Air Conditioner to Freeze Up?
From a dirty air filter to a refrigerant leak, air conditioners freeze for many different reasons, but the most common ones include:
- Dirty air filters: When your air filter accumulates an excessive amount of debris, it blocks the flow of air, which commonly results in your unit freezing.
- Dirty evaporator coils: Over time, the evaporator coils within your air conditioning system can get coated and dirty with debris. This can block airflow which can also result in your unit freezing.
- Refrigerant leak: The lines in which refrigerant travels can leak and cause a variety of issues. Not only can it cause your AC unit to freeze up and not operate properly, but a leak can also expose you to the harmful toxins found in refrigerant, and can lead to extremely costly repairs for a variety of different components in the unit.
How To Prevent Your Air Conditioner from Freezing
Small steps taken to maintain your air conditioning system will keep it running efficiently, reduce your risk of summer breakdowns, and save you money.
Here are some tips:
- Clean or change the air filter regularly. This will prevent clogs and restricted airflow.
- Have evaporator coils cleaned regularly. Dirty coils can block registers, which may restrict airflow and lead to freezing.
- Check the coolant levels regularly. Uneven levels could be a sign that there is a refrigerant leak in the unit.
- Schedule professional tune-ups. Having Guaranteed Service perform regular tune-ups will ensure your air conditioning system is functioning efficiently, reducing the chance of freezing and other breakdowns and repairs.
Promise not to mislead or offer any customer products or services that they do not need or want.
Promise to always be ethical and do the right thing, every time.
Promise to take personal responsibility for the satisfaction of every customer and will follow all company policies and procedures at all times.
Already Recommended to Neighbors
Got an estimate in 1 day and install 2 days later. Everything was amazingly smooth and effortless and our new system is fantastic. Love our new thermostats too. We were very pleased, especially right now when people are having so many problems getting supplies and equipment. Already recommended to neighbors.
Professional & Friendly
Truly great service! He was professional & friendly. He is clearly experienced because he installed a water-pressure sub pump backup system for us which is a complicated job. He came back again a couple of days later to replace an old leaking toilet. He was considerate with cleaning up afterwards too. I highly recommend Guaranteed Services & especially Rob.
I Could Not Be Happier with the Service
I am so impressed! I had a water leak and the technician came out to fix my problem shortly afterwards. I could not of been happier with his service. Barry was polite, honest and extremely hard working. I truly appreciate all he did to help me on a bad situation.I highly recommend Guaranteed Services for all your needs. Thanks again!!
Now we have a great system with a lifetime warranty.
These guys are the BEST. They replaced my old heating and air conditioning with energy star system. I love it. Quick and efficient. AL is a lovely young representative and he explained in detail what we getting. Brian, Tommy and Greg the installers, they worked very clean and they are wonderful. Now we have a great system with a lifetime warranty. Thank you GUARANTEED SERVICE.
Knowledgeable and helpful!
Joe was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Found the problem immediately and offered helpful tips. I would recommend this service.
Top-notch professional service!
Top-notch professional service the technician super nice respectful and solve the problem quickly and efficiently. I will definitely highly recommend guaranteed service.
Prompt, courteous, efficient.
Helmi and the technicians were prompt, courteous, efficient and we would recommend it to other people. We appreciate it, thank you.
Very thorough, answered all my questions.
Justin Ebner was the technician that came to my house when I had water leaking from the AC unit. He was courteous and took the time to walk me through the issue. He was very thorough, answered all my questions. I felt very comfortable that the issue was appropriately identified and the appropriate corrective action was taken.
Exceptional quality of work, top industry professional.
Exceptional quality of work, top industry professionals: from explanation of system options through installation of heating and AC units. I highly recommend for new equipment and HVAC maintenance needs.
They made me feel comfortable and at ease.
These guys are the best, prompt service, and they took the time to explain everything. They made me feel comfortable and at ease.